To create HXL data, all you need is a spreadsheet application, such as Excel or Google Sheets.
To help with processing and analysing HXL data, we have created a collection of free software tools. We will add to this list as new software becomes available:
- HXL 1.0 beta core schema
- A HXL-formatted schema for validating HXL datasets (e.g. using the scripts in libhxl-python, below). You can create your own schema for specific applications. (direct CSV download).
- HXL design assets
- Royalty-free logos and other graphic assets for HXL, including the HXL postcard.
- HXL tools and Python library
- Public-domain command-line tools and Python software library for working with HXL data.
- HXL proxy
- Public-domain source code for a Python-based online service for analysing and visualising HXL-encoded data. You can see this code running live in the HXL proxy.